Friday, July 23, 2010

The Ugly Quilt

The Ugly Quilt
This quilt was originally going to be for my Gran but now I'm not sure!! We (my hubbie and I) have nick named it the ugly quilt.... He said it was an old peoples quilt or 'Something' his Mum would have made..
So finally the 'Hearts and Strings' quilt is finished. It's about a metre square.
When I found the pattern I wanted to make it for my friends wedding in september. The orignial pattern is in maroon and green. For Isabel I'm going to do it in burgandy and a dark green which I think may look better. The fabric I used to make 'The Ugly Quilt' i got from spotties for $2 per metre so in all it didn't cost to much. 
I think I must be getting old cause I like it?!?! 
So let me know what you think of 'The Ugly Quilt'
Till next post
Geniene XXXX

4 comments:

Lucky-1 said...

I was thinking how lovely your quilt was ....before I read the write up. Had to chuckle about hubby's comment.

RobynLouise said...

I'm not a pink person but I wouldn't call it ugly. It would be lovely in green and maroon. I know, I know, maroon is just a very dark pink but it's still not 'pink' iykwim :P

suzie said...

I like it too. I think it looks a little funky not little old lady. I must be getting old.

Shaina said...

I don't think it's ugly at ALL!! I'm so surprised anyone would think so. As a Non-quilter, I am amazed at your work.

Thank you for all your sweet comments on my blog!! I love hearing what you have to say.